Employment Opportunity – Conservation Education Assistant (casual, part-time)
CPAWS New Brunswick
The Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society – New Brunswick Chapter (CPAWS NB) is the provincial branch of a national conservation charity. We encourage the protection of our province’s wild ecosystems in protected areas, and work to ensure that nature comes first in parks management. CPAWS NB is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to help present our nature conservation education program in schools and youth groups, especially in French, between February and May, 2018.
If you are the successful applicant, you will develop your skills in communicating nature conservation issues to young people and in classrooms. The Conservation Education Assistant’s duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
a) Being trained on how to deliver our Watch Your Paws educational program;b) Communicating in French with teachers who are interested in hosting the program in their classroom (usually email) to schedule sessions (we can work around your existing schedule);c) Delivering our Watch Your Paws educational program in French in schools and with youth groups;
The successful applicant:
- Has or is working toward a post-secondary degree from a college or university, from any of these fields: Environmental Studies, Natural Sciences, Environmental Policy, Environmental Education or a related field with an interest in working in the conservation sector;
- Is currently living in New Brunswick;
- Has experience and interest in nature conservation issues, communicating with the public, volunteer management or community outreach;
- Has proven leadership abilities, ability to take initiative, ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Has a valid New Brunswick driver’s license, and the ability to travel throughout New Brunswick;
- Has Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or has been granted refugee status in Canada and is legally entitled to work in New Brunswick;
- Has the ability to communicate orally and in writing in both English and French;
- Will submit Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks;
- Is looking for casual employment with flexible hours.
This position is for casual employment. We anticipate you will deliver at least 6 presentations, and your employment would include training, preparation and travel time (if required). You will be accompanied to all presentations by our education coordinator.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter, describing how you meet the qualifications for this position. We require the names and contact information of three professional references. Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. Please apply, by email only, before February 16, 2018 to: email@example.com